Thursday, August 9, 2012

Some of us..




Some of us are watching the Olympics. 
London. 
My kind of town.
Last time the summer Olympics were on I was very, very pregnant and somewhat immobile. I thought for sure something was wrong with our couch because I had the hardest time getting out of it. The darn springs are going. Of course when that started happening in other chairs, I knew it wasn't the fault of the furniture.

 I'm not a sports person, but I like the Olympics. There's a bit of a gap in my viewing because I don't think I watched any of the Athens or Sydney games, but these last 2 have been on the radar. At some point long ago I think I figured out that I did have memory of the 1976 Olympics. Bruce Jenner. Maybe I remember the Wheaties box more than the Olympics, but I'm going with the idea that I have actual memory of it. I was 4. You are 4. So we talk about what's going on and what these people are doing. Watch this guy - he's SUPER fast.


And some of us have taken to running laps in the living room. 
Track and field, baby. Track and field. It's better than the diving practice that's been going on. In the house. From the couch to the mattress on the floor. You'll give your grandmas a heart attack! And once you bonk your head or otherwise get a boo boo you'll make your mom yell aT you and hug you tightly and declare "No more jumping! I don't want you to get hurt...it would make me SO SAD."

1 comment:

Jane said...

Is that blur Roman? He runs like a BOLT of lightnin'. Grandma J