Monday, December 5, 2016



Might have to make a four season collage of scenes from the deck....this was really pretty the other morning. And Mike and I are a broken record, but this sure beats the old house!
Later that day I was sitting in the family room watching tv. I looked out and saw something moving in the woods. Deer? Not this time, although I've seen a family of 3 several times lately. No, smaller, stealthier....Finn! Our cat. He's an outdoor cat. Even in winter (at least so far, when the real cold comes I think he'll change his mind).  The kids have seen him with a mouse and he brought Mike a dead bird last week. Nummy.
A few minutes later I saw something in the grass along the shore. What? Kind of big. I texted Mike if turtles would be out this late (and as I recalled this to Roman later he answered "no, they'd be buried and hibernating"). Mike thought it was a muscrat (Sally?), Mike's Nature Center.


No comments: