Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bryant Lake Regional Park


This guy was outside the park when we left. I got out to take this picture, your Dad got out to try to help get the guy off the road. He was smart enough not to try to pick up this snapping turtle. Someone else wasn't (although he suffered no ill consequences for doing so).

We went to visit the campus in Eden Prairie where your dad is going to be finishing the 2nd half of his Architectural Drafting courses. On the way back we stopped here, at Bryant Lake Regional Park.


It was Memorial Day. Dinner time. The park was still full of people, but the longer we stayed the more they disappeared.


Awesome!


(do your happy elf)


We spent some time on the fishing pier. It was windy.


But we were happy.


When I saw this picture, I said "oh my". I've met your great grandpa (Candy's dad) maybe 2 times, but I saw the resemblance in your Dad immediately in this picture. Wow. Never saw it before.
Wow. It's so funny to me how a certain look, or even a gesture,  can remind me of a relative. My brother Dave. My brother Dan. My cousin Steve. Your uncle Jared. Your aunt Amanda. Your Grandpa Jon. Your Grandma Candy.


Zoe saw other kids playing in the sand and wanted in.


So we waded. 


And got our feet wet. It got me thinking about getting you guys to the beach this summer.


Roman was off at the playground with your Dad.


But we re-grouped and went to another sandy area.










Can I just say this: I'm not a hair person. I don't know what to do with hair, I just want it to 'work'.  Now we know where Zo gets her 'hair in the face' problem.




SOMEBODY got his shorts all wet.


And then started to lose them.
 

We did get in a short walk afterward.
What a pleasant evening.
No bickering. No whining. Just good.




No comments: