Saturday, January 4, 2014

Immortalized

Yesterday was to be the last day off of school for the Christmas holiday.  Mom was back at work, Dad had a meeting and some errands to run. Grandma Candy came over and stayed for pizza and a movie. The movie? Return of the Jedi. In the last couple weeks the kids (well more so Roman) have FINALLY watched some of the real Star Wars movies.  Roman has been playing with Star Wars toys at an increasing pace. First some legos, then some handpicked toys from Dad's massive collection. 
I came home from work, had some pizza (and beer!) and did a crossword for the first 10 or so minutes of the move. Assessments: A) Not really my thing and b) Doing a crossword after beer (even 2 light beer with dinner) is not advised. Particularly when someone has 'helped' by writing 'zoe' in random squares throughout. It really took too long for me to realize that I hadn't done that. No, 'zoe' is not the middle part of the word solution. 
Or maybe it is.
I wasn't feeling great (I blame the visit to the indoor play 'maze' on Monday...GERMS), so I sequestered myself and watched bad tv. Compelling and bad. Perfect for a cold winter evening. 
At one point Zoe came in and put her 3 foot tall Rapunzel doll next to me and asked me to pretend it was me. I was asked to put my arm around her. 
Later, Roman came in "look what I made...." At this point I was half asleep, so I told him to show me in the morning.
He did.


He finally got in his basic set of Legos - not building an A Wing Fighter or a hovercraft.  Using his imagination instead.
So he made me and him.


Here's the thing. By the time I can get the camera ready, they're like Clark Kent and Superman: they can't be in the same place at the same time. I find Roman, I can't find me.

Me: "Roman, where am I?"
Roman: "You're right here Mom!".
Me: "No, the Lego me"
Roman: "I don't know!"

So, for the record, we have two pictures. But when if first brought it to me we had both, hand in hand. Very sweet.


No comments: