Monday, March 9, 2009

A day of firsts

As Dad said, Saturday was a day of firsts. First time out of the state (Wisconsin), first time in Taco Bell. No doubt both will occur several times again.

We took a road trip to go visit Sister Helenette in Wisconsin. Like you, Zoe, Sister Helenette is also a sister to Roman. No, not your Roman, but the Roman that inspired Roman's his name - Mom's paternal grandfather.


Mom, Roman, Zoe, Sister Helenette
OR
Mom, Roman, Roman's sister and Sister Roman's sister!



Growing up I saw Sister Helenette here and there. Not that often. There are pictures of me with her, but I don't seem to have any on my computer. As an adult I started visiting Sister Helenette sometime before I met you Dad. Unfortunately I don't get out to see her as often as I'd like. I'd like to keep the family connection open, especially since all my grandparents are now gone. While they were here I was too awkward and shy to really get to know them. Or maybe it's to shy to let them get to know me. That part takes me a little longer to "release". By the time I realized the value of it all it was too late.
At any rate, over the years Sister Helenette has shared some family history, which your mama appreciates! And we've been known to get in some good card games. I'm lucky to have her in my life!



Miss Zoe likes to touch and feel. Dad was just telling me a story about how you were rubbing his chin, much like you are here with Sister Helenette. You were looking elsewhere, scratching away. Every once and awhile you'd turn to look at his face to make sure he was there. Yep. Okay. Happy baby.


Roman was a little more squirrelly (imagine that!) with Sister Helenette. Well, at least he didn't spit up on her! :)

You too behaved yourselves- just one little crying session for R while getting the diaper changed and waiting for the bottle. Not too bad.

No comments: