Thursday, July 1, 2010

There is danger in silence

So I'm sitting in the backyard on a blanket, letting the kids have their freedom in the big back yard. But when they don't run back to me after 30 seconds (or grab my hand and drag me with them), I start to wonder what's up. From the blanket this is what I see. Okay. Within sight. This is good.



I kept hearing a splashing sound. It took me a few mintues to figure out what was going on. It had a rained the day before. Guess who found a pool of water to play in? And not just play in, but mix all up with dirt?








And along came Roman.









(yes, this is all we do now)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better get that sandbox out.

Anonymous said...

"Silence is Golden???" :-) Boy, that sure is black dirt! Love the expressions! annie

darcie said...

I love love love that you let the kids live in the moment and enjoy life.
Life is dirty, life is messy.
Might as well make the best of it and enjoy it as it comes!
you guys are GREAT parents!
xoxo