Monday, December 6, 2010

Time to start decorating

Okay, truth be told I think the Christmas decorations started going up in early November, when we got our first snow. And I think it was your Dad who put up the first set up lights. Way up high are the Hallmark ornaments that your Grandma Candy started collecting for you. We've kind of helped it along the way. Who's up there?


Tink-er Bell!
Of course.



And Cars. Mater and Lightening McQueen gathered around a tree made of tires. I told Roman to show it to me, so he dutifully held it up for the camera.



I'm not sure why we let you guys touch these things. A) Glitter everywhere and b) Not really toddler friendly, but c) back up high where you can admire them from a distance :)


I must say I am thankful for the modern Tinkerbell. A female figure who has real skills (she tinkers!) and uses them. A far cry from a princess who waits around for her prince to come. Blerg!

I was thinking about this the other day when contemplating all the boy/girl themed toys/stuff/collectibles. Pretty often it's the Disney Princesses for the girls. I wasn't a princess girl. Nor was I really a Tinkerbell kind of girl, but given the choice I much prefer the latter. But then again it's the end of my day and I'm kind of dazy.
Go Tinkerbell!

No comments: