Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas in MN

Wow, I just realized how procrastinating makes for way too late Christmas pictures. Oh well. It doesn't really matter because chances are that in the future we won't be looking at these only on Christmas anyway !
After naptime on Christmas Eve we made our way out to Grandma & Grandpa B's house.

The tree (one of 2!) was just one of many distractions. I think this tree was actually left in tact. AMAZING.


Cousin Mina kept you occupied.



As did the bears and dolls.


Your Aunt Laura was there earlier in the day, but as is the life of a nurse, she had to work. Uncle Andy amused me with his German "drinking hat".



And I tried to capture a good picture of you guys in your Christmas outfits. I don't think I got what I wanted. And your dad thought that this might be the last year for the big dress up. I don't know. I mean WE don't dress up. But I guess it is kind of like playing with dolls for me. How very odd. But it is fun, too. And you love shoes that make noise when you walk on the hard wood floor!
Roman and Zoe got to hand out the presents. One of the first - a wind up flashlight for Roman (he's shining it upward), and a Zoe's holding a toy that's going to help her learn the alphabet. Press a letter and it shows it on a little screen and says it. What cool stuff for kids these days!



And Yoda...who the kids can name on sight. Despite the grin, Roman wanted to get no closer....Yoda kind of freaked him out.

At Thanksgiving we had talked about spending less this year. I don't know that we totally agreed upon a dollar amount. $5 each was floated around...I think it came out closer to 10. Your uncle Andy got a Sam's Club sized Spaghetti O's (I think?) to go with what remained of a Halloween costume your uncle Dan made for him when he was around 3 - a can of Spaghettios. Dan had it up hanging in his basement, and since your uncle Andy and Aunt Laura now have a house in which to accumulate (er, store) their stuff, Andy got it back. I totally remember this. It was a pretty cute costume. Ah - little Andy :)

Tonka truck - this is going to get some good use this summer!



And Grandma J picked up on your affection for computers. Specifically mama's computer, and specifically mama's mouse. Zoe hab it.  So they each got a toy computer - Zo's complete with a mouse. Yee haw!, says Mom. They promptly got down on the floor like so...
And Daddy, as part of our low dollar exchange, got something practical - a package of batteries. Roman hab it. And Roman wasn't going to let go!



See? Comparing notes with Zo...


No comments: