Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Snow + Shoe = Factory (or) God

We got to go try out snowshoeing with your Aunt Laura. How awesome! I’m continually impressed with the Three Rivers park district and all the offerings for families. Granted, I’m pretty lucky to have a day off in the middle of the week to get out and enjoy this with them. If I was in the office 5 days a week this would be a lot more difficult to do. And more crowded, if it was available at all. I AM SO LUCKY. Be thankful for what you have. (as much a reminder to myself as anyone). No, it’s not all roses and sometimes I fall asleep and get things piled on top of me, but it is a fortunate life.


After a bit of a rough start figuring where we were supposed to go, we got an intro and an encounter that had me giggling [And here's my Reader's Digest submission that I didn't submit]
My four year old twins and I were lucky enough to take part in an introduction to snowshoeing class aimed at preschoolers. The classroom teacher brought out an old style snowshoe and started pointing out components and explained that wearing them would allow them to walk on top of the snow rather than sinking in the snow. Trying to tie it back to the animals that might have the same capability due to the nature of their foot print she asked, “so where do you think someone got an idea to make a snowshoe like this?” Without missing a beat my son Roman answered “a factory” and my daughter Zoe chirped “God!”

When we got outside the snow was coming down nicely. Picturesque. Wintery.



I was a little concerned about Zo, because she’s the type to get tired. “My legs hurt! Carry me!”







But she was enjoying it.


And the boy child?


Took to it like a fish to water.
Or an icefisherman to beer. One of those.

No comments: