Saturday, September 20, 2014

Roman's Masterpieces


I mostly like the writing. I love their writing and how they space their letters. Roman's is typically more tightly spaced and regimented. Not in this example, of course. But in the past I was more accustomed to seeing Zoe's words because she got in a writing groove, and home came Roman's and it was....different. I like that. Unique styles each.
And the frog drawing is awesome.


Seed/Bean art. Minnesota State Fair exhibit, here we come.


Very nice.
backwards a. That always gets me - the backward letters. Last year Roman had some writings where the whole word was backward and read right to left. I think it was his name. I wondered if it was a mirror trick, or if he did it on purpose. "No."
The mind is an amazing thing.
I suppose that letters are just symbols that we've decided mean something, so why not backward? Which makes it even more amazing to me that all these lines and curves on the screen mean something.
Orange shirt. Roman and Dad love the orange.


This, I was told last night as I was taking pictures is "a masterpiece".
There you go.
And something about the porcupine's butt. Mom rolled her eyes, made a dismissive "Roman...." and we moved on.


Observation skills.
"I observed that snails have moss on their shell."
"I observed the brown stuff was snail poop."
"I observed you can actually see snails move. I thought that you couldn't see snails move 'cause lots of books they tell you that you can't even see them move, but you can."

check.
I wish _I_ was in kindergarten.


Both Roman and Zoe were SO excited to ride the bus this year, and it's still going well. They spent their 2nd week talking about buses and bus safety and the like.
I'm told the other passengers are the white cat from Pete the Cat and Pete the Cat. This is a book series they've been reading in class.


Thus...Roman/Pete the Cat.


Roman's room has a frog theme. He brought this home one day. 
Zoe just asked 'how did you paint the frog?'
"Water paint...and you know how I did the back?  Oil pistols."
Apparently oil pistols are like an 'oily crayon.'

No comments: