Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Best mother's day eve ever

We enjoyed pizza in the backyard. Dining outside - how nice is that this time of year?! We got to enjoy our outdoor room, a.k.a. the backyard, again. 



Between dinner and dessert (see Key Lime Pie), I suggested you go ride the canoe. Canoe? We've been shuffling a canoe around the yard this spring in anticipation of putting it online and selling it. It's taking a tour of the yard... At my suggestion, Zoe went out to the canoe...and kept walking. She disappeared around the back of the garage and came back with a paddle. Brilliant. Ro followed suit, and away you went.

I got to sip a few beers and watch you paddle the canoe.
 I mean, how much better can it get? ;)

Water, schmater.





These are the times that remind me we don't have to live in a bigger house. We don't even have to live in a better neighborhood. Well...that one's more up for debate, but it's not nearly as prominent in my mind as it once was. For now, we stay put. The bigger dilemma is, how much do we root ourselves in where we are? That darn addition idea keeps popping up. A dining room! Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: