Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Swim lessons!


30 minutes of swim time fun.

Minutes 1 to 20 : refusing to go in the pool. 
The level one class had a combined total of three students (you outnumber the poor girl!) and two teachers. Plus two others who attempted to get you to sit on the edge of the pool. Zoe did for a short time, but Roman wasn't having it. Note: there should be a measurement for recording the clinging power of a frightened child.  It's strangely comforting that they still need you. And with their own strength could hang off you with absolutely no help.  It somehow reminds me of trying to put my former cat Sam in a cat carrier, only the inverse. Power of cling and power of not gonna happen (all four legs splayed on the door of the carrier).
Only when you were distracted and I was sent out of sight did Roman even go close enough to sit with his feet dangling in the pool. And then you did let the teachers get you in the water. I can't blame you, that was a BIG pool and you'd never even seen it before. Come to think of it I don't know if I would have been too enthusiastic either. But it's good for you, so get out there and splash, darnit.  

No comments: