Friday, August 2, 2013

Animals (at the zoo!)


Ye last monorail ride.
It is being retired at the end of the summer season.


The Africa exhibit included some giraffes.


I was never big on the monorail, but since it is going away I figured we'd better go. And I figured I could ask you if you remembered it later on.
My guess? Only if we talk about it as some momentous occasion.
If you've been on it you'll know that's a stretch.


Prairie Dogs.
Still love 'em.
Still think of the hotel in suburban Denver that had a patch of land next to the parking lot full of them. Funny guys (and yes, mom, I know they can carry the plague or some horrible disease ;)


Without the monorail we might need to rely on these.
If only I could stop seeing a face in that machine.
Anthropomorphism. We'll work on pronouncing that one, kiddos.


1 comment:

Mary said...

pareidolia - I meant to say that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia