Friday, August 23, 2013

the end of July

I've let these pictures sit so long I forget where we were.
In a school bus filled with antique and not so antique toy cars/vehicles.
Okay, I do remember WHERE we were (south of Hastings, MN), but I forget what it's called.


Old time village. Sort of. You guys got to grind some grain.


At ye old mill.


Spy a pond


And the mill. Again.


Say "queso".


Drink a little beer.
Root beer.
BTW Zoe loves this skirt. She wears it all the time. 
And she likes the sweater, it says "whatever it is, I didn't do it".
Like drink the beer.



Do some laundry, my boy!


My grandma had an electric version of this (the wringer part) in her kitchen when I was growing up. And your grandma informs me she never had an electric/gas dryer.
How?!


Making a broom?
Okay, I broke down and Googled it.
Little Log House Pioneer Village & Antique Power Show. With a name like that it's SO surprising I couldn't remember it!  Open once a year.


Enjoying popcorn with Uncle Andy. We both remarked on the price of beer. We almost wanted to get it because it was so cheap. But I'm not in my 20's anymore and Andy's a dad to be (tapering off perhaps...). Yes, life will change for him and Laura. In all the best ways ;)


Oh my. Appropriate.
You guys are starting full time preschool in just over a week.
Weep. Cry.
No. 
Joy. You learn, you grow.
Roman noticed the hole in the desk to hold the ink."This is for your drink," he told me.
Kids these days...you got it too easy. 


Roman got to ring the bell.


It made him happy.


See?


Grandma Jane joined us as well (and Uncle Dave too).

Smile!

1 comment:

Grandma Jane said...

Hope weather next year is as nice. That was one of the best days I have spent in a long time. Need to get the whole family there next time. Great place.