Friday, August 2, 2013

We have discovered the joy of water in the summer (not at our house)


And we're going back soon!
This is a great place to have some fun and I think will continue to be a great place to have some fun as you become more comfortable in the water. I think I jumped the gun on the swimming lessons last fall. You needed this first.


Pool time can get expensive, except when they offer a special kid time (7 and under) on Saturday mornings.  When I was a kid we used to go to the Richfield municipal pool.  But I was older. And for some reason my most distinct memory is the day they changed the cost of a phone call on the pay phone from 25 cents to 35 cents. I always brought a quarter (and only a quarter) to call home and get picked up. 
Pay phone? What's that?
Your mom left you there?
Well, yeah. With my brothers. 
We had summer passes a couple times.
She dropped us off an a North Star hockey game once too and my oldest brother, the eldest, couldn't have been in more than 9th grade (and probably not that).
Different times, kiddos.


Crystal Cove.
Nearby.


I'm discovering things I didn't know were here.
Roots are taking hold.
Not the intention, but it is what it is.


A slide even Zoe could love.


She is not fond of heights (or tall ceilings for that matter).


But she was having fun on this slide.



A good place to get her feet wet.
Bad pun, good fun.


Later that day we hit a splash pad too in another close-ish part of town. Turns out it was too cold to do much though. Hard to believe because we'd just gotten through some oppressive heat. 
SOAK IT UP, BABY.

No comments: