Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Babydaddy...he's just full of compliments

A couple of months ago Mike looked at me and said "they always say women look good pregnant" (or something to that effect). I was waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one. Then he says "you look cute pregnant".
Huh. Nice.
That was a couple of months ago, or it could have been a month ago, my timeline is way out of whack. I've said many times that this year has been incredibly long. Reminds me of the line some comic said: If I had one year to live I'd move to Iowa because it would feel like forever. Get pregnant. Might have the same impact, or maybe it's just me.
At any rate my feet have been swelling the last several weeks. It gets worse as the day goes on, as I sit at my desk. By the end of the day: P-Mama. And I don't know if it's wishful thinking, but I'm going to say it extends up my leg because OMG my calves are huge. And tonight I'm going with the thought that I can feel the weight when I lift my foot. Heavier and definitely harder to move around and/or bend my legs. I can feel the puffiness- extend the toe and...a pillow.
Back to babydaddy. Last night we did a little straightening up in the basement, just some reorganizing. After about an hour I had enough. Babydaddy followed me up the stairs, me plodding slowly. I make the turn into the kitchen and he says "how much do you weigh?" (well he actually gave a number that I'm sure I'll hit, but am horrified to think I will; I'm already a good 45 pounds up- which is the total recommended for twins, I'm only at week 33). I ask "why?" and he says (remember: babydaddy....he's just full of compliments") "I saw the floor buckle".

I saw the floor buckle.

Babydaddy: just full of compliments.

No comments: