Saturday, September 27, 2008

Too much content, too little time


Roman, 9/27/08


I've got about a million things to say and a bunch of photos and video to publish, but I've got time that seems to be slipping thru my fingers.
Very soon I'll realize I can't do it all, but in the meantime I will try to fill in some details. I told Mike I didn't want to lose it. He told me okay, we'll just have to do this blog the George Lucas way (Star Wars reference! Not to be forgotten - that would be Dad's input in case you didn't notice). We might have to put the prequel after the end. Cart before the horse. Something like that.

Maybe I'll start with today. Your dad and I made it down to the hospital for the 9am feeding. You're on a 3 hour cycle, the nutrition fed via a tube that runs from your nose to your tummy. Mom's been practicing breastfeeding on Zoe, who has been up to it in spurts (so to speak). She kind of looses interest and falls asleep after a couple of attempts. Not unusual. You too are using all your energy to grow and develop some more. Lucky for Mom and Dad. We get to hold you for 45 minutes or so. On Friday little Roman came out of the oxygen tent and spent a few hours with just tubes, which he quickly didn't need either. So now we can hold him. Dad's been there every step of the way, so we take turns holding each of you.


Zoe, 9/24/08

My favorite part is just watching your faces - the range of expressions the cross on thru as you sleep. What looks like little grins, a few scared moments, and surprise. The last is my favorite - the eyebrows go up and sometimes the mouth opens as if you just were startled. It got me laughing good today.

No comments: