Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Car Show

I said to your Dad this January "I'm not going to the car show". Every year your Dad likes to go. That would be fine if it were free, but it's not. Since we both have new-ish cars there is really no reason to go. That's how I see it. And I'd been unable to find any deals. I have a hard time paying full price for anything. There's ALWAYS a discount.

So it was left at that, but last week the car show was going on and quickly approaching its end. In true fashion (not just for him, but me too) there were no firm plans for visiting the 2011 show. Dad was talking about going with you and Grandma Candy. Or going with Shawn's (daycare) Mike (that would be an adult person!). Or just taking one of you. Or or or... Lots of options are out there until you make a decision, kiddos.

A few days before your Dad was online and said something to me about a Cars (the Pixar movie) exhibit.  It was probably after 9pm and at that point in the day my brain shuts off.  What I recall hearing is "Oh wow!....Cars.....interactive....at the car show". And "Wednesday was half price day". Hmm. Sounding more and more interesting to cheapskate Mom's ears.

The next morning, as I considered it I thought that it might be fun to go with you all and see your reactions.  I mean you LOVE Cars. I wasn't expecting what we saw.


NO, not THAT. Although you were pretty intrigued by that one and kept telling us it was "hiding". Yep, it was.



A full size McQueen! Oh how cool is that? I was talking to another mom who said "this is the only reason we came down here". Uh, ditto (for me at least!).


So the reactions were varied. You were largely interested in the Cars 2 preview that was playing next to the cars (see above).



And not very happy when the security guard yelled at you ("No, no no!") when you ran up to the car to touch it.  She did say she hating doing that and made another little girl cry earlier in the day. Good thing Dad was there to comfort you.

No worries, Ro was over it pretty quick. And there was more to see.

'Queen (as he is known in our house) smiling at us.


So is Zoe. "Cheese" means squint your eyes shut.

 
 And you better keep an eye out for that security guard.

  Speed. I am Speed.


And...back to watching the video.

1 comment:

Jon Baltes said...

I'll bet Roman and maybe Zoe as well with have memories of the cars when they grow up to adults. Did Roman try to line the cars up by color? Grandpa Jon