Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Uncle Dave

First thing Zoe and Roman said when Uncle Dave came over: "We bought you a football cake!".  I think maybe they wanted to share. Or return the favor since we went to see him about a week earlier and he treated you (and me!) to an ice cream bar.

Your uncle Dave is only one year older than I. Yes, that's what it means. I'll be turning 40 this summer. But for some reason all afternoon I was thinking he was turning 42. I bought the "4" candle and thought I could probably come up with a "2". No luck. But I had two "1"s. 1 + 1 = 2. Yes, that works in your mom's head. Oh boy. Yes, I know it's nuts, but I think the older you get the more you don't care.



 411. Information please.


Then one of the 1s fell off (mistakenly? Perhaps I spied a little tip of the cake by your uncle? hmmm). 
41. That's right. 



You know what I was thinking when I took these pictures? DANG. Photographic proof that any house project gets to 90% completion and is considered 'done' (see the door).  Apparently I was assigned the task of cleaning up the door, but I don't wanna. ;)

No comments: