Wednesday, October 29, 2008

8lb 3oz

Grandma B came over again, and I was able to get her help bring R & Z to the clinic to get them weighed. They're doing great - 8lbs 3 oz, up from 6 lbs 6 oz back when Roman visited the doctor. We had a little wager this morning, and Dad won. I think we were all surprised that a) they weighed that much and b) they weigh the same. Woo hoo! They are eating up to 4 ounces of formula at a time too.


I started reading The Happiest Baby on the Block (thanks Kitty!) this afternoon and decided to start swaddling the twins. We'd been wrapping them, but a tighter swaddle seems to make a difference. I don't think they've been that quiet since they were in the hospital. I've had to wake Roman up to eat, and that hasn't happened in quite awhile. We'll see what happens tonight. It's an adjustment for mom though. Zoe likes her arms out, usually straight up. When I put her down an hour or so ago I wrapped her up tight. She opened her eyes and I felt bad. Confinement. So I unwrapped her. Although the book says they like it. I'll try it tonight and see if it makes them sleep longer.





See the 8 lbs now? Our chubby cheeked princess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Goodness! Those two are so Dang cute! Over 8 lbs! Thats so great! Glad youre reading the book hope it helps!
ox
Kitty