Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's almost Halloween

What's a parent to do the Saturday before Halloween? Especially one who's had a full night's sleep (thanks Grandma B, I don't know what I'd do without you!)?

Get the kids to try on their Halloween outfits of course. Let's start with the hat.

I wanted to go outside and take a family picture because it's probably the last nice day of the fall (nice= cool but sunny). Snow is forecast for tomorrow, at least last I heard.
I got Mike to set up a tripod and we got the babies ready.

When we started both babies were awake, eyes open and alert. This is new. I've noticed in the last few days that they've had more awake time. Last night Roman was up for two hours, just looking around. I read him his first book. He gave me his big eyed surprise look. It cracks me up. I look forward to having them both on my lap, reading books.


Once we got them dressed up and made a quick attempt outside (no go, too cold and windy), they decided they were not awake. So we had to settle for inside with the window shades open. Here is what you get. Quieted by a pacifier. Usually Zoe (right) doesn't go for the pacifier, but when I attempted to take it away she started gnawing on her brother's shoulder. I guess she was ready for the early bottle she got after these grueling shots...

You don't see many baby clothes in black, and we both thought they looked like cat burglars, or maybe the Hamburglar.

And Dad wanted me to post the following. Our little Ro. If only we were into hip hop we'd be able to give him an apropos nickname. Me, I won't embarrass myself trying.




No comments: