Sunday, August 21, 2011

Every little thing gonna be all right

As I cuddled with the fidgety Roman and got him back to sleep,  I thought of dinner time tonight. "I want to sit by Mom". That makes my day.

Not going to focus on the persistent "carry me up" (you guys are getting HEAVY) or away-from-home-at-naptime meltdowns...No, I'll think about how sitting next to me makes you happy. I know it's not a forever thing.


But man, oh man, I love you both soooo much. A few weeks ago Grandma C brought over some birdies. I should have had a clue when I came home that night and you two were making nests in the living room with blankets and pretending to be birds.

Rob and Jay (so knighted by your Father)


Sittin' in a tree 

Nice birdie.
After this I couldn't get "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley out of my head. Grandma C had said there had been a Cardinal, but her store was out. So among our Saturday chores was to see if the local version of her store had one left in their clearance pile. They did. And now I can sing it for real...

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.


No comments: