Saturday, August 27, 2011

We gotta get your Dad here

Your Dad has made plans two time to try to take you to Como Zoo. Why? He's missed out on a couple of opportunities and hasn't been there yet this summer.  I was able to take you on one of my Wednesdays off a few weeks ago. And although we were in and out in less than 3 hours (lunch included!) I think a good time was had by all.  I think it started out well - there were actually seals (plural) in the round outdoor pool!




This area (and the stinky monkey house of course) are what I remember of Como. Well and the mini train and the huge snake. And the fire engine (?) classmate Shannon fell off and broke his arm on. Ok, I remember lots of things, but I remember the seal area fondly. oh yeah, and the stinky fish you could feed them that even at the time seemed gruesome. Chunks of flesh. Ick. I don't know if that memory is correct, but that's what I remember. At ANY rate...


It was a good day to be at the zoo.


And you even talked your Grandma Jane into bringing you here 2 days later (!). As Dad said "Grandma is getting bold". Good for her. It is actually a bit easier to take you out. Sometimes. Except for last night when we took you to Lowe's to look at flooring and you (Zoe) freaked out at the entrance because there was a HUGE inflatable pirate display (Halloween is just around the corner?!) and INSISTED on being held the entire time. Roman followed suit. Just gotta say you guys are getting too darn heavy for that. But then again in my reflective moments (i.e. when I'm not holding you for half an hour) I realize that those days are going to go away too and I better well enjoy them. Dang tootin'.

No comments: