Thursday, November 3, 2011

not enough paint and apples in the world

Craft time!


At Wargo Nature Center.  We were starting to grasp for straws this particular Sunday. Outside. Nature-y. Short notice. Your Dad was off (hurray!) on a Sunday and wanted some family time. I thought it might be wise to get out of the house.
Yes, mostly. 


Not sure "Apple Cider Fest" lived up to what I was expecting, but the crafts were pretty cool (and actually the fresh apple cider was amazingly delicious...it tasted just like an apple - imagine that!). 
 Apple stamp art. Gotta love it. 


And a home made bird feeder?
Awesome.


Sing it, Zo! "Peanut Butter ba-ba"
Spread some peanut butter....


roll in some seeds and there you go. 
Squirrel bait.


Paint my hand you said? Well YES, that sounds like fun.


Make it look like an apple with a green stem?


Sort  of. 
Note mom's attempt at corralling fidgety arms. I think I was successful.
 I always think of the time I was in grade school and we had a visit from a police officer. He finger printed us but warned us as a group not to wipe our inked finger on our clothes. So what did I do immediately after he released my newly fingerprinted hand? Went to smudge it on my clothes. Was I suggestible? Prone to instinctual response (i.e. sloppy)?  Perhaps a little of both. 
 It also tells you this is an indelible memory mapped in my brain.

No comments: