Monday, November 14, 2011

Show and Tell


Well it was brief, but we did get to go see Sister Helenette. You two were pretty excited about it. I had mentioned the possibility on a Saturday, but it didn't work out. I got the whining "I want to see Sister Helenette". So we made it up there on Wednesday.
I'd been working on Zoe's fleece blanket that morning and you were very interested in the fabric scraps, which we brought with us. One in the shape of a heart. First we started with a square. Then a triangle. Then a circle, an "o"..then some letters. I started getting requests from the peanut gallery:  "Make Mickey Mouse". Yeah, no. That's beyond my range of shapes. "Ask your dad".

Roman brought a couple of cars (SURPRISE!) and showed them to Sister Helenette. He'd hand one to her and explain what it was. Then another. It kind of reminded me of the first time I visited your Dad's apartment. He kept handing me guitars he had displayed on his living room wall and telling me what they were.  Showing off his collectibles. I, like Sister Helenette, was left holding an item and not entirely sure what to do with it.  Like Father, like son.


At any rate, we had a nice visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SO enjoyed this. annie