Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time to decorate the tree!


And boy oh boy was this exciting. "What's this?" Well actually this time around there wasn't a lot of "what's this" but more "I have a little Santa". You're getting pretty adept with your language skills. 


I was rather impressed at your decorating abilities as well. You got those ornaments up there good.


We had some elves. I think there's now a book out about the elf on a shelf, but I got these 10 years ago or so at a store who's name I can't remember on Grand Ave. I have this memory of these at my house when I was really little. So when I saw them at Restoration Hardware (there it is!), I bought a couple. 


You just have to have some nostalgic pieces.


Like these skates. I probably made them. We used to make ornaments (and maybe you will too!)


And this snowman. 1981. That's 3o years ago (oh my!)


And the new. Princess Zoe.


And Conductor Roman.


Gotta have George. I think I got this before I even met your dad.



And there's just something about two toddlers decorating a tree. 


Those ornaments just tend to bunch themselves at the bottom third or so. 
Awesome.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Awww. Memory lane. I remember making ornaments. Got ours out today and there was a patchwork one you kids made in 1977. It says 1977 on it. Also a framed pix of Mama Mary and the twins at a few months of age by Santa. Zoe didn't seem to mind Santa then.
The elves are memorable Christmas decore when you were growing up, Mary. Nice work decorating Zoe & Ro. Grandma Jane