Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fail.


I know....Let's take the Northstar train downtown for Holidazzle. It's free, no one else will have the same fantastic idea, especially if they're getting on from the 5 or so stops BEFORE this one.

While waiting for our carriage we got to listen to some guy make small talk with another person about how fabulous the trains are in Europe. Wow, that sounds really pretentious. Yes. It does. Even though I'd be one to agree with that. I like being able to travel without a car. But then I realized I've forgotten more about my travels than I remember. 

We heard chatter that the train was full. I wasn't buying it. Well, I was HOPING it wasn't true. But in came the train and sure enough, it was sardine-packed. The conductor said the next train would be along in 10 minutes. So we waited. 5 minutes later an announcement came over and said THAT train was full. So much for that attempt. By that time I was ready to go home. Forget it. It's cold, let's just go home. And we did. STILL haven't seen the Holidazzle. Another year.  But I guess we could still do a Northstar trip this winter. Up north and back again. 

No comments: