Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thanks Annie!


We LOVE craft time and you certainly got it right with Princesses and Cars.

By the way I just started reading "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" last night after reading a comment on a blog about the new pink "girlie girl" Legos on the market. Book report to follow. Or not. It's good food for thought at least. I must say there has been more than one occasion when I've wondered if dressing my kids in advertising (Princesses of all varieties, Lightening McQueen, Mater, Spiderman, yadda yadda yadda, is a good thing). The book raises some interesting ideas about raising girls. I've actually had my own responses to some of the questions raised...So maybe a book report will follow.  On another, but somewhat related note, I've still got a post in "draft" mode contemplating a judge's comment about our local courthouse. What do the kids want to read about later on (assuming they will want to read)?  Ruminations about where we live? Maybe. Maybe not. Certainly it's different than sharing cheesy grin photos.

No comments: