Saturday, January 28, 2012

One way Zoe differs from George H. W. Bush

One word: Broccoli.


The other day I took some fresh broccoli out for lunch. Before I had a chance to chop it up, Miss Zoe grabbed a chunk and took a bite. I should have been happy. But what I did instead was to grab it back and tell her "no, I need to cut it up into smaller pieces". She left the kitchen wailing. I stood there, thought about it and decided that maybe it was JUST FINE to let her gnaw on a huge chunk of broccoli. I mean really.


So I lured her back with the promise of broccoli. Not every mom can say that. And these are the pictures that followed.


Mind you, this is not "normal". There is NOTHING predictable about what you're going to eat. But I sure wasn't going to make you cry by taking your beloved broccoli away. Reminds me of a story your uncle Dan told about your cousin Mina when she was really little.  In the grocery store she asked "Dad, can we get cauliflower?" How do you say no to that?

No comments: