Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MN Landscape Arboretum

Saturday was a day Dad had to go into work. We're winding down on summer weekends, so I thought we'd better go out and about. After scanning thru my mental filing cabinet of places I wanted to go this summer I decided on the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Your uncle Dan worked there for a couple of years after he got his horticulture degree, but had to leave. Due to the fact that b)it was a job above and beyond his normal job and b) gas prices last year made the long commute difficult. Or these are the reasons I'm going with. How they align with reality, well who knows (but I think it's pretty accurate).

At ANY rate...

I saw these flowers and thought of your dad. He's put in a bunch of gaillardia in our backyard. They look a lot like these.



When I saw what this variety was called, I was thinking of you, Annie!

No comments: