Saturday, August 8, 2009

Zo Zo's Tutus


Grandma Candy bought this for you awhile back. I can't remember if it's because Zoe on Sesame Street has a tutu, or if it's just because you're a little girl and it's fun to dress little girls up in girly things. Anyone who knows me know this is SO not a mama thing. I've been surprised though at how much fun I've had putting you in cute little outfits. It's so much fun to dress you up! I figure I better enjoy it while it lasts! And I better thank all those friends and relatives out there who have been supplying much of the wardrobe. Ok, I now get it. We don't have to get _all_ our clothes at garage sales...

When I was a little girl, as soon as I could say so, I stopped wearing dresses. Probably pink too, I don't recall that one being an issue. I do recall receiving a bunch of hand-me-down girly clothes from a family my family was friends with. I remember seeing it and thinking "no way am I going to wear that". I don't think I said it out loud, but I probably gave my mom a look like "you aren't going to MAKE me wear this are you?" I distinctly remember a green jumper. Nope. Not going to wear it. And I remember my mom thanking the other mom and saying something about how cute the clothes were. My memory may be manufactured, but hey, it's what I remember (or think I remember). I would guess my aversion to the girly clothes had something to do with the fact that I was surrounded by boys: 2 older brothers and 2 older boy cousins who lived down the block. And along with that all their friends (boys).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, I dressed you in nothing but dresses until you were old enough to object. After two older brothers we were delighted to have a girl. In years after our compromise was for you to wear a dress about once a year....Christmas, First Communion come to mind. Oh, well. Fun to see Zoe in a tutu. Sweet.
Love,
Grandma Jane