Saturday, September 19, 2009

almost one!

It's birthday weekend, which means...
We tear apart our house in anticipation? Sort of.
We're having a birthday party Sunday, and a contingent from Chicago has travelled up to help celebrate. Photos will be posted no doubt...

We moved our computers to the basement and gave up our guest room/office to the kids. It's now another play area for them. Your dad and I are just happy we don't have another door we have to make sure is closed, and you're free to roam around the house some more. What that means is my computer was down shortly and I've been busy with other 'stuff'.

In baby news...
Zoe is getting closer to walking. She gets around from the coffee table to the furniture pretty well. It won't be too long.

Daddy and I threw together a 1 year scrapbook for each of you and we're hoping to have some help finishing off the book with some well wishes, advice, philosophical meanderings, drawings, whatever you want to wish Z & R... If you can't make it to the party and feel so inspired, reply to this post or email me and I'll add it to the book!

I figured the blog is a good record of all this, but we need something tangible as well (and maybe I'll work on getting the blog in book form one of these days). I don't expect this blog will be sitting out there when you actually care to look back at it! But who knows. It's hard to imagine the world when you're my age. It's changed so much in just 20 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read, the words: "What a difference a year makes........" actually in the song it is 'day' instead of 'year' but the thought is still the same!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ROMAN AND ZOE!

annie