Friday, September 4, 2009

THE fair

We hit the Minnesota State Fair last Saturday. Personally I kind of go back and forth on whether or not I like the great Minnesota get together. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes I wonder why, oh why, did I pay to walk around and eat junk food? And why do I want to be here with a gazillion other people? I snapped this picture as we were winding our way thru. To be fair (ha! ha!) the parade was passing by and blocking off the street. But it was pretty much like this most places we walked.



We took a bottle break behind the fruit stand.



Fruit stand? I'd never seen that before, but it appeared they had a nice selection of tasty looking fresh fruit. It was here that we heard the mom next to us call to her son, "Roman..." Your dad and I looked at each other. Did she just say Roman? That's OUR name. But we're noticing it more. Someone at work told me she had a family member name their son Roman about 3 months after us. A woman at a sale said she new a little Roman (veni vidi vici). I was watching tv a few weeks ago and a woman introduces "my boyfriend, Roman". Molly Ringwald just named her fraternal boy twin Roman. Cate Winslet (actress) has a Roman. Cate! Roman! And others. More on that at a later date.

We wanted (well maybe I wanted) names that were a little bit different. Not too different, but a bit. Maybe it's because of my own name. Nothing wrong with it, but something to differentiate is good too. And of course Roman is the name of my dad's dad. Your dad liked it. It is now you too.

Back to the fair. We took a spin thru some barns. We saw horses, cows, sheep and pigs. Pretty amazing because your mom doesn't really have the stomach for the barn smell. Every time it reminds me that I'm a city girl. It actually wasn't too bad though.



Like a lot of things it makes me think about how much fun this is going to be when you are a little bit older.



Zoe's sporting her customized Twins outfit. Uncle Andy gave you a matching set last Christmas and you dad personalized them! More on that in the upcoming month as well!

No comments: