Thursday, September 17, 2009

back home via....

Ottawa?



Ottawa, Illinois
.
Smart Alec that I am I pondered what "where Lincoln walked" signified. Where Lincoln walked? This is the best your town could come up with? Once I got home I wikipedia-ed it. First site of the Lincoln-Douglas debates. Okay. Nevermind. I've heard of that and if I'VE heard of it and remember it (with my memory akin to swiss cheese), well it's more than "where Lincoln walked".



Peru?
A little out of the way, no?

Peru, Illinois.
Home of sports figures that may or may not be well known. I wouldn't know. They're "pros" though, that's worth "something".

Your mom has found a new travel game. Unfortunately you're too little to enjoy it and too little to sit in the car while we meander the countryside visiting place names with more famous cousins. Or at least detouring there to take a picture of the city sign (and yes, I'm aware of the city in Austria with the unfortunate name). Ah, what fun we'll have. [wink] I'm only half joking. You figure out which half :)

No comments: