Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Naperville

Some some online shopping netted a hotel room in a western Chicago suburb. It said it was only 30 minutes away from the shower location, which didn't seem like much. At home, it seems like most things are 30 minutes away. Work, my parents house, the Mall of America....Chicago distance isn't the same. I don't know why I forget that. Or else I 'm just used to driving (and too used to taking for granted Google travel times!). It actually wasn't too bad, but we were a distance from everyone. On the plus side we got to see a part of town we don't normally see (and passed a sign for the Brookfield Zoo - your Dad can't wait to take you there!).

We did get to see a bunch of fireflies went we went our for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. I haven't seen them since I was a kid, and they are pretty amazing little creatures. We had fun talking about their light-up butts. I never see them around home, nor does Candy. As soon as we got home and told Dad about it he said he was at work in suburban Minneapolis on Saturday night and saw some. It figures.

 Shannon and Ryan did make a trek on up to our hotel on Sunday to spend some time with us before we headed back home. I had Googled the area and Naperville sounded interesting - a riverwalk. Not exactly San Antonio, but pretty cool. Actually I think with kids around this was better than San Antonio.


Fountains.


Sun.

Bright blue water.
2 coins in the fountain...


And sunglasses.


At one point this summer Roman was wearing his glasses and I heard another mom tell her son "See, he's wearing his sunglasses". Yeah, I know that line. I think I used that line once or twice. Not that it matters really...

No comments: