Sunday, July 31, 2011

You two! U2.

Thanks to a VERY generous Grandma Candy, your Dad and I got to go see U2 at TCF Stadium last week. I had said awhile back that this is one of the only concerts I'd pay big money to see. Well, apparently I was partially wrong on that one (thanks again, Candy!).


We sat right near the place the band came out, so we got to see them up close. Made me realize once again what a weird job they have. What a weird response we have (i.e. cheering at their very presence). I mean just walking in the room elicits a response.  I was right there with the rest of the crowd. Awesome show.


Supplemented by the rain.
Doesn't seem possible, but it made for an interesting experience. But your Dad told me to put the camera away or I'd regret it. Probably true, we got drenched.


And nice to see them again. And with your Dad.
The Joshua Tree tour in 1987 (24 years ago! Oy!) was my first concert experience. 7th row or so (thanks to my paid membership to the U2 fan club....yes, ardent fan was I). They still put on a good show. I still like their music. Good Times.

No comments: