Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sur-prize!

You know sometimes things just happen and become normal. Our household's obsession with the Pixar Cars franchise for example. Your daddy is a collector. He finds something he likes and he wants to immerse himself. And does he pass this along to his kids? Sure. Not "born with it" (to paraphrase one items from your Dad's last Ethics homework assignment), but perhaps it is fair to say you two are groomed to follow suit. Or, if you're like me you won't care all that much. But then again.... I've been sucked in too. By the little cars. And I've developed my favorites. Funny* accented characters? Always a winner. So imagine my delight when I got in my car one morning to find I'd been surprised with my very own charms.


Guido and Luigi!

 "Peeet stop!".  I had a grumbly few days and your Dad had decided now was the time to get these guys on my dashboard. Good call, Dad. He'd been paying attention. One of the times we were in Target or WalMart looking at these guys I said these are the ones I wanted in my car. And ga-zinga. There they now sit.

Which reminds me of Roman and Zoe telling Grandma Candy and me "no tires, just gas!" when we stopped to refuel. Another line from the Cars movie. Peeet stop!


*Yes I realize "funny" is highly subjective. And by funny I don't mean to ridicule...I just always have enjoyed accents. And I think I'm not alone on that one.

1 comment:

Jane said...

love, love, love it! Lucky you. I usually struggle to remember Guido and Luigi's names but they are adorable. Lucky you to have Mike's sense of humor.
Like your pit crew's advice..."No tires, just gas". What a fun family to grow up in.