Monday, March 5, 2012

Mainly a bust





So for the past couple of years I've heard about this even at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts/Children's Theater called Rock the Cradle. Put on by the Current (good). Music, art, kids. Sounds great.

Yeah, well a gazillion other people also think so. I was ready to leave almost immediately to escape the throngs of people, but we stayed long enough to check things out a "couple bit*".

A volunteer overheard me asking the kids if I could take their picture in front of the cars. She offered to take a photo of us all. Despite the whiny and nasal barely understandable "no, I don't wanna take a picture", we got one.


View from Roman's height.
And yes, like Star Wars, cars are EVERYWHERE little guy.

See?!
This was one of those days that I bet the employees dread. While standing here for about two minutes I saw several kids either violate the string "fence" or GASP! touch the car.
I guess it's par for the course.


And so is checking out the paintings with your Daddy.
Score one for art appreciation.
Writing on the canvas, indeed.

*thanks Roman for the new vocab in our lives.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Woo hoo. High brow MIA with cars!
Should have been up Roman's alley.