Tuesday, March 20, 2012


You better behave or I’m going to put you in jail. Under the Gazebo down by the St. Croix River in Stillwater. No, not really. 


This picture has “photo shop me” written all over it. Not sure what Mr Roman was trying to show me (but he did tell me “no pictures!”.) Kind of looks like he’s holding up an imaginary fish.  Several times I heard pieces of a story from Zoe about somebody fishing down by the river, and something about a mermaid and a kiss. I finally got the scoop on that. Last year your Grandma took you down to this location and asked a man who was fishing if he was catching anything. He told you guys that just the day before he had caught a mermaid. She said if he put her back she’d give him a kiss before she left.  So of course he took the kiss and let her go.
So that’ been rattling around your little brains for some time. Wonder if it’ll stay.
Maybe Roman’s showing  me his pretend mermaid. Never know.



There’s been so much talk about this bridge lately, but I think a replacement is actually going to be built.
 
We ended up walking out on the bridge a couple bit. As soon as a herd of motorcycles went by, Zoe was done.  Too noisy. So off the bridge we went. As we were moving away a car passed overhead and revved its engine. I jumped a bit, Zoe jumped a bit and Roman looked up at me and said “That scared my legs!” Nice description, little one.


We were approaching the gazebo on the way back to the car when you saw people in it. “There are people IN it!” Well yes, YOU can go in it too guys, do you want to? Is that a dumb question or what?
Up the stairs you went. And down the stairs you went. And up. And down



And try a bench. Or two. And greet other visitors who come to the gazebo. Social ones, you! 


This was more than a week ago and I wonder if that ice is now long gone...




No comments: