Thursday, October 29, 2009

Does the apple fall from the tree?

Them thar' trees were loaded with apples.
A nice backdrops for pictures! Not the sun-shiniest day, but whatever!



And a nice back drop to Explore. Zoe wonders what these red things are.






For once, Miss Zoe they ARE something you are meant to taste.



Not these particular apples, but in general the principle is right! You can see the lake in the background. This grove of trees is up on the hill. It's a really pretty sight.



After this we made our way down the hill to the store and dessert bar.
Grandma and Dad went in line to get some goodies. I sat on one of the picnic tables outside, in a heated tent. You two were in your wagon. The picnic table was on an incline and little wobbly. I kept sitting off center and making it tip. Just as your grandma was coming out to check on us, I went to pick Zoe up out of the wagon and leaned back just enough to make the entire picnic table flip back. ZOOM! My butt in the dirt and Zoe in my arms. DOH. It's funny how you kind of go outside yourself for a moment when something like that happens. I could hear people talking to me "are you okay?" and the guy next to us "that's not good". I should have been horribly embarrassed, but no. Just silly mommy. It didn't bother Zoe one bit - she probably thought it was fun! I couldn't get up without some help, though, so a friendly woman held Zoe for a moment while I righted myself and the table. Oh boy. Fun with mom (don't even ask about the incident with the mirror on my car earlier in the day. I'll just say Daddy likes to wedge my car in the garage. I need my space, daddy!)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the shoes. Surprised Zoe kept them on. Must have been cool.

Anonymous said...

Note: Side mirrors on a car are supposed to be used to WATCH where you are going, not to move items out of your way!