Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin' Carving time!

Wow. It's hard to believe it's been a year. I had to pause to think what we were doing last year over Halloween. I don't recall, except I dressed you two up in your little outfits and posed you leaning against the boppy pillow. No sitting up on your own. Wow. It's been a year? How much you have changed!
(and looking at the October '08 blog posts....How NEW everything was. How anxious, yet uncharacteristically calm. I'm going to continue to remember those days fondly, no? And these too. I look the pictures of you at one month and can see you there, but it's a distant version of you. I'm sure these 1 year old pictures will produce much the same response down the line. Your personalities are developing. Always there, but taking a stronger form.)
Okay, back to present day.



Out came the pumpkins on Wednesday evening.
Roman, he had no pants. No pants? No pants. Changing his diaper is often a wrestling match. Sometimes he wins. Won big on this one- I didn't even bother to get his onesie snapped shut!



Zoe was on the move- I couldn't get a clear shot of her!



Clearer, but your bruder is making a face!



Your Dad was (and I'm guessing forever will be) in charge of pumpkin carving. We discussed designs, but he's definitely better at the hands on creative stuff.




Sid the Science Kid.
This is a show on PBS that has caught Zoe's attention. When nothing else on tv would catch her attention, this would. I'm going with Sid's hair as the attraction. Although the singing and dancing might have something to do with it. ♫ I'm looking for my friends...I'm looking for YOU....♫ She smiles when I sing that, even when I do mess up the lyrics. She doesn't care!



So Daddy carved you a Sid pumpkin. He modified it part way thru. It initially had a lot of shadow and I wondered aloud if you'd see it. Would you "get" it? So Daddy changed it midway. In the process poor Sid lost an eyebrow. Oh well. Your dad's planning next year's tool kit. I think he just used a veggie peeler. MacGyver-esque (there's a pop reference you'll need to look up!)



Roman, what does Roman like? Food. Yes. Pacifier? Y-E-S.



Our pumpkins two.

1 comment:

Auntie Barb said...

Awsome pumpkins, there goes that Buzan art talent again!