Sunday, November 8, 2009

Roman's fine

After Wednesday's excitement Roman seems to be doing fine. Parents of the Year we are not, but stuff happens. You LEARN from it. I'm not perfect, nor am I going to pretend to be. Somehow I'm more comfortable being a parent than I was being a human being from the teen years to 30 or so. How's that work?

Parenting is a funny thing. We make this stuff up as we go along. Yet I'm always wondering if the decisions we make are going to come back and bite us in the be-hind. So far we're fine. There's a million warnings, a million "don't do this" (bottle after a year!), but it's just going to work out. I'm not under the illusion that we won't have our battles, but OH WELL.

At any rate, I had Daddy take a picture of this. A couple of times in the last week I've laid down on the floor. As soon as Roman saw me he makes a beeline for me and starts climbing. Over and back. Over and back. Oh the joys in simplicity.

2 comments:

Jane said...

It's all about love. You begin to understand the gospel when you become a parent. It is not about YOU anymore. It is about loving and laying down your life. The rewards are so much greater than living for yourself. Surprisingly, when you focus on meeting another's need (even a dirty diaper) you get more back in return. Those giggles and smiles are priceless.
You are great parents. Outstanding parents. Role model parents. I see you centering your lives around your family and reaping the rewards.
God was smart when he made children. He loves us like we love those kids even when we are crabby or fussy.
GRandma Jane

Anonymous said...

Amen, Grandma Jane! You bless my heart with your words of wisdom.
LOVE, annie