Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturdays are for...

Wearing a tutu?



Sure. You guys took another super dooper long nap on Saturday, which allowed me to start sorting and washing clothes for the season.

Amidst the sorting was this pink tutu. Size 12 months, but not really. I almost got rid of it when we did our sale, but Grandma Jane looked at it and said to keep it -even though it said 12 months, it wasnt. This is true. So when Zoe got up from her nap she saw this and carried over to me repeating "Princess". Yep, Zoe. Kind of princess-ey. So she wore it the rest of the day.



We went outside to check Daddy's progress on the garage siding - coming along nicely, Dad! Funny thing, and maybe only appreciated by a segment of population here in Minnesota. Your dad has become a WCCO 830 listener. Oh my! All afternoon I could hear him pounding away on the siding, with the am talk radio playing. I think it's the antidote to heavy political talk or other stations (I don't know what 'CCO is up to these days, but I suspect they still tout being 'the Good Neighbor'). At some point a few years ago I learned to appreciate the charm of A Prairie Home Companion. I understand. What you never thought you'd be, you may become (and be happy with it!). Is this all just code for getting older? Sure.



Roman didn't get the tutu, although he did discover the truck on his shirt and point it out to me. Truck!
Zoe is beginning to be very territorial about pink objects. Those are hers. I gave Roman a baby spoon that was pink. Zoe wouldn't have that. It took me a minute, but after she kept putting her red spoon out and yelling "Roman", I realized that she thought the pink belonged in her hands. Blue - that's always Roman too. My, they learn young.


I had daddy snap a picture of us. I asked Roman to take my hand, AND HE DID! And they looked at the camera. AMAZING. And since we had the tripod, and a timer on the camera, why not the entire family?
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing. Just yesterday as I was looking at the blog, I 'wished' for a family portrait and today I have one! Sometimes, wishes do come true.
Love on Labor Day and every day, annie

Jane said...

My, my. I can hear Garrison Keillor doing a monologue on your Saturday. throw in a trip to the Side Track Tip and you are living Lake Wobegon!