Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Happy Thanksgiving!"


 It's fun to teach you to say things like this. And nice to spend some time with family, although it does remind me that you've got a bunch of family in Chicago that would love to see you....One of these days...

Got in some quality time with the parking garage while uncle Dave looks on and tries to goad you into looking at the camera. "oh THAT thing again..please!"
Grandma was pointing out something to Zoe. Perhaps the neighbor's dog. Or a squirrel. Or a bird. Must have been a living creature, because those ARE worth a pause in action to spy.

Your Uncle Dan, cousin Mina and aunt Jen (who even brought you belated birthday presents!)
Uncle Zach. Yeah, nice hat, eh?


The newlyweds! Laura and Andy are soon to be homeowners.

 At the dinner table - lucky you got the head of the table

A grin for Pipaw Jon.
 Which he repaid with a sour gummi worm.


The face was less expressive than I would have expected.

Zoe likes her naps, even when there's so much excitement going on around her. The thumb goes in the mouth, the blankie is sought.


 Roman, dear one, isn't as keen on sleeping. On Thanksgiving he stayed up and meandered the table while we played a game. And as I have been sitting at the computer tonight, I hear Roman playing with his beloved interactive Cars book in his crib (Thanks Aunt Shannon!). BEEP! There it went again, almost 90 minutes after he was put down for nigh-nigh. Oops. Bedtime. He corrected me tonight when I asked him if he was ready for nigh nigh. He looked at me and said "No. Bedtime". Okay. I guess we'll have to revert to real language, I'm just not sure I'm ready to let go of your pet names yet little guy.

No comments: