Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our other Twins

 We got your Dad out to Target Field....I love this stadium.  Truth is I'm not much of a sports fan, but this is a cool place....

At some point I followed baseball and even went to a bunch of games at the old Met Stadium (long gone, now Mall of America sits atop the site). Based on the baseball cards I found, and recognize, 1980 was prime time baseball loving for your mom.
Roy Smalley (). Bombo Rivera (best...name...ever).

Then when I got older I got into it again. Probably when they were good again, but it's not been on the radar anytime lately  I realized I was getting old when I told someone at work that I went to playoff game in 1987. By the look on his face, I realized 1987 was probably ancient history to him. Or at least not a year that held a place in his memory bank.

Oh whatever. That's what happens. You age.

Except when you see Mickey Mouse you still want to pose with him for a picture.

"For the kids".

1 comment:

Jane said...

Does Disney know what they have done with Mickey?