Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pool time!

Since your Dad has been hard at work landscaping (digging in the dirt, planting trees, moving plants, repeat...) I figured we'd take out the pools and clean them up so they were ready. Ready for you to splash to your hearts' content (none of that "keep the water in the bath!!" nonsense coming from your Mom).   It didn't take more than 10 minutes of your cleaning "help" before you were soaked. I should have known. And maybe I did, but I didn't care because we were outside and it was warm, ah, bring it on!  It's been a confusing spring, to say the least. We're all ready for some sun. And so are you. On went the swimsuits. (and promptly the sunscreen - our poor pale, Minnesota winter skin)

 I think we're still working on the swimsuit situation. Zoe had a two piece she was wearing in the morning, and I think that's ideal. I attempted the "tell me when you have to go potty" routine. Not sure I'm going to like it (every 5 minutes: "I have to go potty").  And Roman, well we guessed on sizes last year and he's got one that is a size 4 (WAY too big, his drawers were a'droppin') and the pair pictured. These work better, but he was still tugging up his pants. Better than running around naked I suppose.


The slide was a good investment (thanks for finding it Grandma Jane!), and you two had fun climbing up and zooming down. The inflatable pool was a little worse for the wear, but maybe it'll last a wee bit longer...

And try as I might, I couldn't get the Zo-meister to look at me. But I love this suit :)



No comments: