Thursday, May 21, 2009

nap time

Nap time is the right time.
To blog? I feel the obligation. No new pictures to share, but tales of woe. No, not really except I have completed my first trip away from the kidlets. A 3 night trip to the swanky Gold Coast of Chicago for a conference. The good thing was that I kept pretty busy. No time to sit and ponder the babes. Although I did so at the MSP airport when I was leaving. My sensitivity to the proximity of babies is at full alert. I saw them everywhere. Strolling down the concourses, eating at Axel's (well watching mom and dad eat at Axel's), being carried by mom. Even at the lobby of the hotel when I checked in - the newborn gaze brought back some memories. Babies. So precious. I didn't have the same appreciation of babies I have now. Not really. Parenthood is just beginning, but I see it as like nothing else.
So, I'm home now and able to spend time with the kids. I took two days off and have a long weekend. Daddy originally planned to be out of town this weekend, but as his work is dependent on weather and that isn't looking so good it might have to be rescheduled. So maybe we'll get to spend some time together. I hope so.

Ok, off to read. I started a book on my trip and maybe, just maybe I'll be able to finish it. That hasn't happened since last summer!

No comments: