Friday, May 29, 2009

Test Road trip

Last Sunday we did a mini road trip to Lanesboro, MN.
Here's Daddy, Roman and Zoe on a pedestrian bridge in that town.





This is going to be a good place to go back to when the kids are a little older, or a lot older. There's a bike path that goes between several towns. I'd never been down in that area and it's actually pretty nice. Pushing a stroller around in a town not made for strollers isn't as fun as I thought it would be. Know what I mean? And I was coming down with whatever I was coming down with (first day of sickness = denial). And I was worried about the sun in the eyes of the stroller babes. Oy, what a wretched, horrible life we lead! Wah! (yes, I'm kidding, although sometimes I start to behave (mama crabby) like that). Just ask Dad. Hopefully I'm getting wise enough to pull myself out of that quicker. It's just too darn easy to find something wrong. Stop it. It's just not worth the effort, kids. I hope you either learn that young or don't tend to worry too much.
Enjoy your time here on this planet. (nagging voice says "who are you to tell them that?" Counterbalance voice says "it's true, it doesn't matter if you don't always follow your own advice". counter-counter balance voice says "you're going way too far off on a tangent with the voices" (crazy mama).

Anyway, what I mean to say is don't spend too much time in regret, or in fear, or in timidity. You've got to take chances in life. You have to fail. I don't know that I've ever struck a good balance there. Play it really, really safe and then go nuts. It's worked out, but I think a little more balance would have been a good thing. But don't be afraid to do something outside the box once and awhile. But maybe wait until you're out of the house so you can tell me the stories after the appropriate grace period. Okay? Ok.

No comments: