Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Now it's Daddy's turn...

...to be out of town for a few days.
I haven't been to work in almost 2 weeks. A couple of days out of town, then some days off, then the holiday and yesterday was a sick day. I slept most of the day while the kids were in daycare. I needed it.
Today we dropped daddy off so he could take his trip. He thinks he'll be back Friday night, but that's ambitious. Take your time to be safe, Daddy! He's doing some sign installs and painting for the big ol' communication company that kept us busy together in 2004 (via an old employer). He's driving tonight, go South, turn right...He's been busy at EE as well, so we haven't seen much of him lately. I think that, and being a bit under the weather, and having the kids (mostly Roman, snot streams and now a cough) was getting me down a bit. And the lack of summer. It's hot, it's cold. It's cold. It's cloudy. Ugh.

A picture from a few weeks back:



Zoe loves her Daddy, that is for sure.

And tonight:



Roman's a bit cranky. But if he's sick I don't blame him.
Our daycare provider suggested starting sign language if we were interested and Grandma Candy showed up with a book the same week. I've been signing "eat" and "bath" and "milk" and other stuff. I figure it can't hurt. For some reason I thought they started talking a lot earlier than they do. What I knew about babies: not much. I was 13 when my little brother was born, but I don't think any of it really sunk in. Just that I thought he was the cutest thing ever. He was a sweetie. Still is ;)

No comments: