Thursday, May 14, 2009

Zoo time

Mom's day was spent at the Minnesota Zoo. With two mothers.
Myself and Candy.
Thanks to the library we got 2 free admissions.
We spent most of the afternoon outside. Z & R didn't really seem to care about the animals, but we had fun.

Watching the fish:



Seeing them in the stroller makes me think of chartered bus tours. Sitting comfortably and looking out the window at what the world has to offer. Maybe too because I associate those tours with retired folk and I just watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Got me thinking again about how we start and how we end in this world is often very similar. I'll let you list the ways. Got to thinking about that too. We never used to talk about the bodily outputs. Now, it's not so unusual to talk about what's going on with the kids digestion. HOW ODD. Mama to Zoe: "I think you made Poopies! Did you make Poopies?!" Zoe: [smile]. What an odd thing for me to ask.

Up next, the "farm".
A small pig statue? Blog photo op (there's a new tag)!




There too was a pig and piglets. Very, very cute. Wilbur!
Actually one of the babies is going to be this years St Paul Saints mascot. They didn't tell us what he'd be served with when he retires.



I was hoping this blog_photo_op would work, but not really.







Daddy brought his fancy schmancy video camera and took hd video of the aminals. he wants to put together a video for you. Probably by the time you care, er, notice, it will be ready.

Master of camouflage? Not yet.



But I thought this one was cute.

1 comment:

Jane said...

The first thing I do when I fire up my computer in the morning is check for new pictures on the baby blog. Bingo! Today was a bonanza. Love the comment about touring by greyhound. That is a surreal picture of the babies and Mary by the aquarium. Grandma J